Two books are currently for sale with the proceeds to the benefit of the Trust.
Cape Town Baby
Martine Aubin wrote this book with its bright and colourful scenes buzzing with fun and action in a playful tour of Cape Town's peninsula. This “Read-To-Me” or “Read-Alone” first reader is a handy hardcover book with tough almost “tear-proof-to-little-fingers” pages. Click here to order.
The Arniston 1815-2015 - A village remembers
Arniston, or Waenhuiskrans, is a place with two names and many histories. Rock fossils, stone-age tools, shell middens and the remains of shipwrecks are visual clues to some early settlements and wanderings. Kassiesbaai is the only fishing village on the Western Cape’s South Coast to have survived relatively intact, and as such, its presence is a reminder of past battles and victories against adversity.
Marius Diemont’s narrative adds the vivid voices and memories of delightful characters, as abundant in local colour as the water, and evening and morning clouds that sweep across the bay. In the texture of the tale, we sense why this place evokes such fierce loyalties, and deep attachment.
We are grateful that this book will benefit the community, through the Waenhuiskrans/Arniston Community Development Trust. In the past ten years the Trust has assisted in a number of community projects and has provided study bursaries to more than sixty students from the community. In 2014 twenty-six students were able to study with assistance from the Trust.
This is the third Arniston book with some affiliation to the Trust. The other two being Martine Aubin’s clear and bright personal record, in words and pictures; and Piet Swart’s moving and poetic account of the oral history of the fishing community.
This book will spread joy and understanding of this unique place.
The book is for sale at:
- Hermanus: Hemingways, Harbour Road, 028-3122739 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hermanus: Bookmark, 028-3122000 or email@example.com
- Napier: Cowan Properties, 028-6747151 or
- The Napier Farm Stall and Restaurant: Ilze Vos, 0834575027 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bredasdorp: Shipwreck Museum
- Bredasdorp: Fiction and Fantasy, Christelle Faul, 082 9620396 or email@example.com
- Bredasdorp: Julian’s , ceramics and wooden products, 028-4251201 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Arniston: Arniston Hotel
- Arniston: Etna's
- Arniston: Arniston Letting, Mari King
- Arniston: Denel